E-PPR: 8.52 Limiting The Display Of Maximum Number Of Rows To Return On Search Pages Causes SQL Error
(Doc ID 1485865.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 to 8.52 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Implementing the new search feature with limiting the return rows. However, after that is enabled, the search page with magnify glass is giving SQL error.
Issue is specific to applications which has SQL server as the database
A SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
-TEST CASE #1-
1) Main Menu, PeopleTools, Utilities, Administration, PeopleTools Options
update the below fields->
Max rows in search results - 300
Default rows in search results -200
2) Bounce the appserver and clear cache
3) Go to Main menu, Vendors, Vendor Information, Add/Update, Vendor
4) click the lookup prompt for the Our customer number to replicate the issue
-TEST CASE #2-
The problem occurs when we have a non-zero value in 'Max Rows in Search Results' field in PeopleTools options
1. (Main Menu-->PeopleTools --> Utilities --> Administration --> PeopleTools Options).
Before changing the values are as below:
Max rows in search results: 1000
Default rows in search results : 1000
2. Go to Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data.
3. Enter emplid as 0.
4. See the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!