ePerformance Document Link in the Email Will Not Work If The Email To Is Changed From The Intended Recipient
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS ePerformance - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An employee is in the Self Evaluation step of an ePerformance document and wants to send an email to themselves. When they click on the Notify link it opens the EP_EMAIL_NOTIFY page. The NOTIFY_TO field is pre-populated with the email address of their manager, but it is editable. If they change the email address to their own (or presumably to anyone other than their manager), then the link that was built with the Format_Email_UserLink method will not open the document. Instead it will open the EP_NOTIFY page and display "Error in URL String or Document not Found. Please contact System Administrator. "
Why is the user allowed to edit the email address if it will invalidate the created link?
Steps to Replicate
NB - Firstly Ensure that the Employee User Id you are using does not have the Manager and only the ePerformance Employee Role
1) Navigate to Associate Self Service > My Performance management > ePerformance - My Documents > Current Documents
2) Click the Performance Plan link for any document.
3) Click on View next to any step other than Establish Evaluation Criteria
4) This will display the document in the EP_APPR_MAIN1 page.
5) Click on the Notify link (mail icon near the top of the document)
6) The Send Notification page (EP_NOTIFY) is displayed. The To text box (NOTIFY_TO) is prepopulated with the managers email and is editable.
7) Change the email address to your own address.
8) Click on Send.
9) When addressee receives the email, click on the link that it contains to the document.
10) A page will open with the text "Error in URL String or Document not Found. Please contact System Administrator. "
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms