ETL9.1: Incorrect Reporting Structure Built By HR_DRPT_BLD.
(Doc ID 1488385.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 to 8.53 [Release 8.4]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM ePerformance - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect Reporting Structure Built by HR_DRPT_BLD
Reporting Structure should be built correctly after applying Bundle#8 and reported time should go to correct approval manager.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Step 1 Check the Installation is having partial position Turned on.
Step2 Load the Direct Reports Tables:
1. Navigate to Set Up HRMS> Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Direct Reports Tables Build.
2. Click Add a New Value.
3. Enter DR_FULL on the Run Control selection panel and click Add.
4. On the Run Control page the Build Mode Full-Complete Rebuild will already be selected for you because the process has never been run.
5. Select the Access Method based on what direct reports settings you use.
If you use more than one access method but not all of the access methods, you should build the tables for those you use. You can run the process for one access method at a time or for all at once.
When you run the process for partial position methods (Position/Supervisor ID or Position/Dept Manager), the process will build the subordinate method’s tables as the same time. That is, the process for Position/Supervisor ID will build the Position table and the Supervisor ID table before Building the Position/Supervisor ID table.
6. On the Process Scheduler Request page, click OK.
7. Monitor the process from the Process Monitor to confirm successful completion.
a. Identify an Employee A who reports to a Manager B as per the position data.
b. Also check whether same employee reports to same manager as per Direct Reports Tables.
If difference in found in a,b take this employee as a test case.
Submit a Timesheet for the Employee Identified in Step 3; the Workflow goes to a wrong manager.
Reason is the Reporting Structure built by Step 2 is different from the actual position data of an Employee.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document