Closing Receipt Lines Short in Purchasing does not Sum the Prior Receipt Quantities
(Doc ID 1489061.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Receiving, Closing Receipt Lines short in Purchasing does not sum up prior receipt quantities
If one or more prior receipts exist against a PO line when you attempt to close short a new receipt line, the system uses the new receipt qty and amount (instead of summing them up with prior receipts) when staging the PO change order on CHNG_RQST_DTL. This results in the following error when processing the PO change order .... " Cannot change a schedule quantity to be less than the received quantity for that schedule."
Since vendors frequently fulfill PO lines through multiple shipments the following logic should be applied. When a receipt line is flagged as closed short, the system should look for prior receipts against the same PO line and then sum prior receipt quantities and amounts with the current receipt when calculating the PO change order quantities and amounts. This logic should apply to both quantity and amount only POs and receipts.
Error: Cannot change a schedule quantity to be less than the received quantity for that schedule.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Create a purchase order for an inventory item, quantity of 40.
2. Dispatch the PO
3. Create Receipt 1 for quantity 10.
4. Create Receipt 2 for quantity 10.
5. Create Receipt 3 for quantity 5.
6. Create Receipt 4 for quantity 1 and check the Close Short flag.
7. Run the Receipts, Close Short process.
8. From Purchase Order-Manage Change Orders -Approve the Change Request.
9. Cick on Link Show Detailed Inquiry. Here the Current Value is 40 and the Change Value is 1.
Expectation is that the sum of all the receipts against this PO line should be taken into consideration, i.e. it should be 10+10+5+1=26.
10. Run the PO Change Order process.
11. Review the Approve change Request, click Show Detail Entry Link. The user receives this error message - ”Cannot change a schedule quantity to be less than the received quantity for that schedule”.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document