E-MCF: Using Sample Page to Connect to POP3 Server with SSL and Getting "Cannot connect to mail server" Error
(Doc ID 1489697.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.51 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PIA web server is SSL enabled, private key password is different from keystore password.
GETMAILTARGET connector has been configured. MCF_GETMAIL node ( connector tab) is setup with User, Server POP3, SSL Port, password Values.
When trying to the test the MailServer Integration using Sample Page, it is giving error: 'Cannot connect to mail server'
"Cannot connect to mail server" on the page.
"Alert received from peer, notifying peer we received it: com.certicom.tls.record.alert.Alert@***** "in PIA_WEBLOGIC log.
" <Notice> <Stdout> <BEA-000000> <default context init failed: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key>" when full java trace is turned on in PIA_WEBLOGIC log.
- PIA is SSL enabled. Private key password is different from keystore password.
- In remote node with getmailtarget connector, fill in necessary details and for email server, use POP3 server with SSL port.
- Go to PeopleTools>Multichannel Framework> Email>Sample Pages.
- Fill in username, password, server, IB nodename.
- In Read Headers, select Message Count and click Fetch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!