ECA - Unable To Update Tax Code On Contract Line/Bill Plan.
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a contract is amended and the ship-to location on the contract line is changed, that change will be propagated to the bill plan for the contract line but the tax code for the bill plan tax parameters will remain that of the first location. The bill plan's tax code should change if the ship to location changes.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a contract for a customer with multiple ship-to locations having different tax codes.
2. Add a rate-based line and link the contract line to a project and activity.
3. Assign an as-incurred bill plan and activate the contract.
4. Add a cost transaction to the activity.
5. Run CA_BI_INTFC for as-incurred billing.
6. Amend the contract and change the ship to address location on the contract line.
7. Process the amendment. The bill plan tax parameters will be updated with the new location but not the new tax code.
Due to this issue, billing will receiving conflicting data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms