Self Approval not Working for Requisition Approval Workflow
(Doc ID 1495926.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why Self Approval does not work for Static Workflow method for Requester even if the Requester is mapped to Approver role.
SCENARIO 1 - Self Approval Not Working as Expected for Static Workflow.
1) Approval Process Definition-Lets Take a 1 stage and 4 Step Approval Process Set up
2) Step 1 Details-Here Approver Role Name is used as ePro Admin. It is mapped to approver of VP1 which is WENDYCHO in this case.
3) Step 2 Details-Here ePro Buyer is taken as approver role which is mapped to approver of WENDYCHO i.e. CHRISBAKER
4) Step 3 Details-Here BUYER is taken as Approver role which is mapped to approver of CHRISBAKER i.e. PATRICKSABCHEZ
5) Step 4 Details-Here Vice President is taken as Approver role which is mapped to approver of PATRICKSANCHECZ i.e. VP2
6) Ensure Self Approval Criteria is defined for each Step.
7) Use Supervisor by User ID as User List and make sure each user has a Supervisor defined in user profile-worklist
8) Lets check the User Profile for VP1, WENDYCHO, CHRISBAKER, PATRICKSANCHEZ and VP2
9) Lets check the Roles mapped to each user ID. For VP1—No Roles mapped
10) No roles like System administrator, ePro buyer etc.. is mapped to VP1
11) WENDYCHO-ePro Admin is mapped to WENDYCHO as WENDYCHO is approver of VP1.
12) CHRISBAKER-ePro Buyer is mapped to CHRISBAKER in the same way. CHRISBAKER is approver of WENDYCHO.
13) PATRICKSANCHEZ-BUYER is mapped to PATRICKSANCHEZ in the same way. PATRICKSANCHEZ is approver of CHRISBAKER.
14) VP2-Similarly VP2 is mapped to Vice President role . Vp2 is approver of Patricksanchez.
1) Lets create a Requisition for US001 with amount less than 2000 for Vp1 as requester. The expectation is that it should get self approved as self approval criteria for VP1 is less than 2000.
2) Save and Submit the Requisition. The Requisition is not getting Self Approved. Ideally it should get Self Approved.
I tested this with and without Route to Requester. In both the cases Self Approval is not working.
SCENARIO 2 - Self Approval Not Working as Expected when Requester is mapped to at least one of the approver role.
1) Lets try the same set up . Except that the Requester VP1 is mapped to one of the approvers. Say VP1 is mapped to the ePro Admin I.e. one of the approver role. All the set up remains same as above except VP1 is mapped to ePro Admin role.
2) Lets create a Requisition
3) Save and Submit the Requisition
4) Then also same issue. Workflow is not getting self approved.
5) Lets try mapping VP1 to other approver ePro Buyer. Now, VP1 is mapped to ePro Admin, ePro Buyer.
6) Create a Requisition
7) Save and Submit
8) Same issue again.
9) Lets Map VP1 to rest of the approvers - Vice President and Buyer
10) Create a Requisition
11) Save and Submit
12) Self Approval does not work even if the approvers are mapped.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document