Unable To Copy Proposal Attachments From Fileserver to Database Server using Copy File Attachments Functionality
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting copy Proposal attachments from FTP file server to Database using Copy Attachments functionality ( PeopleTools > Utilities> Administration> Copy File Attachments), no attachments are getting copied over to database. The Copy Attachments functionality should either copy the attachments or delete orphan records as appropriate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up an FTP server.
2. Create a new Proposal. Grants > Proposals > Maintain Proposal
3. Go to "Attachments" Tab and attach the file.
4. Notice that the FTP root directory has associated file created in FTP Root directory.
5. Now using PeopleTools > Utilities> Administration> Copy File Attachments, try copying the files from the FTP Server to DB Server. Using appropriate parameters.
6. A message says Copy Attachments succeeded.
7. Notice that the DB record is still empty
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms