E-AD: Application Designer 2-tier Login Hangs At 30% On Windows 2008 Or 2008 R2 Terminal Server
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With multiple users accessing Application Designer (PSIDE) on a Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 terminal server, intermittently it is found that 2-tier logins will hang at 30% when Application Designer is loading. It's found that the PSDBGSRV process has hang for one of the user sessions. If that session's user acknowledge the hang PSDBGSRV process pop-up, all logins on the server resume properly. PS_HOME in this case is located on a remote file server and not on the Terminal Server itself.
Sample replication test:
1. User1 log into PSIDE launched from D: mapped to network location
2. User2 login same way.
3. User2 log off the system.
4. Now User1 should select the option, ‘Debug’->’PeopleCode Debugger Mode’.
This action in PSIDE causes the error (exception C000006)
5. In the exception window User1 should select 'Close the program'.
6. There would be again an another exception window where PSDBGSRV throws the error(exception C000006), now User1 *should not* do anything and leave this window as is.
7. Now trying Step2, User2 will not be able to login to Application Designer as PSDBGSRV is hung and the debug port is blocked. Subsequent logins to Application Designer would hang.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms