The PO Close Short Function is Closing Lines that have no Receipts but within the Close Days Defined
(Doc ID 1506316.1)
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why the PO Close Short function is closing lines that have no receipts but are within the Close Days defined.
The PO Close Short function allows you define a period of days, where in, the system "will not" close the unreceived Purchase Order (PO) line. However, this doesn't seem to be working. Even though the unreceived PO line due date was within the close days, the system cancelled the line anyway.
Steps to recreate the scenario:
1) Business Unit Definition-Ensure Close and Cancel days is Blank.
2) Business Unit Definition-PO Change Option-All Other Sources is checked and Change Template is Standard and Change Order Map Template is EDX.
3) Add/Update PO-Use 2 Inventory Items with 2 Lines with different due dates . Take one due date as Current and other due date as 30 days from current.
4) Ensure that Close Short Flag is checked for both the Lines
5) Dispatch the PO
6) Add/Update Receipt
7) Receive Line 1 with current date as Due date/earlier due date but not line 2 with Due date 30 days from current date.
8) Save the Receipt
9) Run the Close Short Process and the Close Days is 300. Ensure the process goes to Success.
10) Run the Change Order Process. Ensure process is changed to Success and Posted
11) Check the PO again
12) The 2nd Line should not get Cancelled as the due date is within 300 days of today’ s date. The system should not cancel any line which is within 300 days from current date.
In the PeopleSoft Enterprise Purchasing 9.1 PeopleBook > Receiving Shipments > Running the Close Short Process > Page Used to Run the Close Short Process > Submitting the Close Short Process, it states the following:
"Close Days Enter the number of days that a purchase order line can remain open without receipt activity when the Close Short check box has been selected for the line. The system cancels those purchase order lines that exceed the close days value."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document