EAP: Payment Posting creates RSA entry only in Secondary Ledger causing Journals to edit in Error
(Doc ID 1507773.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a multi-ledger setup, the Ledger Group is setup to 'Keep Ledgers in Sync. Payment Posting creates RSA entries ONLY in the Secondary Ledger. When Journal Generator is run, Journals are edited to Error.
1. Ensure that the GL Business Unit is attached to a Ledger Group that has a Secondary Ledger along with a Primary Ledger.
2. Posting Method is set to Detail Offset.
3. Create a Withholding Voucher with the Transaction Currency as USD and the Base Currency is INR.
4. Post the Voucher. It splits a new schedule for the TDS authority.
5. Display the Voucher and set the Payment Currency as INR for the Withholding schedule.
6. Pay the Withholding schedule.
7. Run Payment Posting.
8. This creates a RSA entry in the Secondary ledger but there is no RSA in the Primary Ledger.
9. Run Journal Generator.
10. Edit the Journal.
11. Journal is marked as Error with the message -- Journal is not balanced on Journal totals or balancing Chartfield totals.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document