How To Prevent the Error "Total putaway quantity is greater than line quantity for lines #X. (11100,1582)" when Receiving an InterUnit Transfer
(Doc ID 1513406.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-Dec-2012***
Receiving an InterUnit Transfer in the default Stocking Unit of Measure (UOM) using 'InterUnit and RMA Receiving' page (navigation: Inventory, Putaway Stock, InterUnit and RMA Receiving) gives the following error:
Additionally, when reducing the decimal quantity and saving, the following error is issued:
This happens when:
1) the default Stocking UOM is NOT the Standard UOM,
2) Both the default Stocking UOM and the Standard UOM have a decimal quantity precision.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Define an Item with 2 UOM's (ROLL and EA) with a decimal quantity precision. The default Stocking UOM ROLL is not the Standard UOM EA. Conversion rate between the 2 UOM's is 35.
- Create an InterUnit Transfer for a quantity of 4 EA.
- Ship and deplete the InterUnit Transfer.
- Create an InterUnit Receipt:
- At the header level, the quantity of 4 EA is displayed.
- At the Putaway Details level, the quantity is converted into the default Stocking UOM ROLL. 0.1143 is displayed while 4/35 = 0.11428.
- Save > error 11100,1582 is issued.
- Reduce the quantity for example to 0.1100 only and save the Receipt > error 11100,1583 is issued.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document