Customer Contracts Quarterly Recurring Billing Generates Monthly Bill Prior To Quarter End
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Quarterly Recurring Billing is overbilling recurring contracts.
Issue occurs in Customer Contracts when setting up and processing a contract setup to bill on a recurring quarterly basis. The contracts to billing process CA_BI_INTFC creates bills when running CA_BI_INTFC with a bill through date that is the last day of a month even though the month does not represent the end of the quarter. It not only bills the quarterly amount early it also overbills when CA_BI_INTFC is run again using a bill thru date that represents the end of the quarter.
CA_BI_INTFC should only be generating billing for the end of the quarter.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Setup a Quarterly Schedule to be used when configuring a Recurring Customer Contracts Product
2) Setup a Revenue/Billing Plan Template using the Recurring Bill Plan Method and attach schedule setup above.
3) Setup a Product using Recurring Price Type and attach templates setup above. Assign List Price to the Product
4) Setup a Customer Contract with a Signed Date of 01/01/2012
5) Add Contract Line using the Recurring Product created above. Use 01/01/2012 as the Start Date.
6) Activate the contract
7) Run the Recurring Billing Process for the Contract and using 01/31/2012 as the Bill Thru Date and Invoice Date.
8) Run the Recurring Billing Process for the Contract and using 03/31/2012 as the Bill Thru Date and Invoice Date.
Due to this issue, quarter recurring contracts may bill excessive amounts.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms