Customer Contracts Quarterly Recurring Billing Generates Monthly Bill Prior To Quarter End
(Doc ID 1513457.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Quarterly Recurring Billing is overbilling recurring contracts.
Issue occurs in Customer Contracts when setting up and processing a contract setup to bill on a recurring quarterly basis. The contracts to billing process CA_BI_INTFC creates bills when running CA_BI_INTFC with a bill through date that is the last day of a month even though the month does not represent the end of the quarter. It not only bills the quarterly amount early it also overbills when CA_BI_INTFC is run again using a bill thru date that represents the end of the quarter.
CA_BI_INTFC should only be generating billing for the end of the quarter.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Setup a Quarterly Schedule to be used when configuring a Recurring Customer Contracts Product
2) Setup a Revenue/Billing Plan Template using the Recurring Bill Plan Method and attach schedule setup above.
3) Setup a Product using Recurring Price Type and attach templates setup above. Assign List Price to the Product
4) Setup a Customer Contract with a Signed Date of 01/01/2012
5) Add Contract Line using the Recurring Product created above. Use 01/01/2012 as the Start Date.
6) Activate the contract
7) Run the Recurring Billing Process for the Contract and using 01/31/2012 as the Bill Thru Date and Invoice Date.
8) Run the Recurring Billing Process for the Contract and using 03/31/2012 as the Bill Thru Date and Invoice Date.
Due to this issue, quarter recurring contracts may bill excessive amounts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document