E- AS: PT 8.51 Application Package PeopleCode Is Not Loaded Via Preload Cache
(Doc ID 1516071.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.51 to 8.53 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a project that includes application package peoplecode, the project is set as the PreloadCache parameter in the psappsrv.cfg file and then the domain is reconfigured. However, when the domain is preloaded in the psadmin menu, the application package peoplecode is not cached.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Log in to PeopleSoft UI and navigate to
PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Preload Cache > Select Preload Objects
2. Create a project consisting of only application packages (preferably large ones like RB_BORM, RO_CAPTURE, RO_CAPTURE_TYPES, etc and also ones like PT_BRANDING, PT_NAV, PT_NAV2 which are necessary for opening the homepage itself)
3. Build the project and set the project in the PreloadCache parameter in psappsrv.cfg (It is easier to confirm the problem if we set the number of PSAPPSRV instances to 1. Note however, that if PSAPPSRV instances is
set to 1many integration related functionality which require more than one PSAPPSRV instances, eg, ping node, will not work)
4. Reconfigure the domain using psadmin utility
5. Delete the contents of the CACHE directory in application server
6. Preload cache using the option in psadmin utility
7. Check the size of the CACHE directory - it will be extremely small. Notably, the size of the PCM.DAT file, which stores the cached PeopleCode will be zero.
8. Log in to the application after enabling SQL trace and navigate to components where the application package is used
9. SQL trace indicates that the program is loaded for the first time
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document