E-WL: WebLogic 10.3 Logging Rotation Fails to Limit the Number of Retained Log Files
(Doc ID 1518349.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 to 8.53 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The WebLogic log rotation functionality is not working properly. The logs are rotating, but if option 'Limit Number of Retained Files' is chosen, WebLogic does not actually limit the number of log files created.
Sequence of events:
1. Set up file retention as follows:
a) Logged into WebLogic Console
- Navigated to Environments-Servers
- Chose PIA
- Clicked 'Logging' tab and 'General sub tab
- Made the following changes:
Set "Rotation Type" to "By Time"
Set "Files to retain" to 3
Validated that "Limit number of retained files" was checked
- Saved and activated changes
b) Restarted WebLogic
2. After 5 days, the following files were in the WebLogic log directory:
There should have been only 3 files since "Files to retain" was set to 3 and "Limit number of retained files" was enabled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document