Users Without Row Level Security to a Person Cannot View Employees in Job Data But are Able to Create a Profile for those Employees
(Doc ID 1518691.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A user having Profile Administrator role can create a Person Profile for a person for who the user cannot access through other components.
STEPS to REPLICATE:
1. Identify an employee for the test who (a) does not have a profile and (b) is in a department that the Profile Administrator does not access through row-level security.
3. Log in as a user having "Profile Administrator" role.
4. Navigate to Person Profile component; search for the EmplID and expect message that 'No matching values were found".
5. Choose the ‘Add a New Value’ tab and select ‘add’. The ‘Person Profile’ page displays and Profile Administrator can populate it and save it.
6. Profile Administrator cannot review and edit the profile just created. Message 'No matching values were found’ is displayed.
7. Someone having access to the person's record via row-level security can view/edit the profile.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document