Plan HESA Data Tab On Acad Plan Tbl Only Allows JACS2 To Be Selected, Not JACS3
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The HESA JACS Codes are accessed and maintained on the CS system against the CS Plans through this method:
1) Navigate to Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Academic Plan Table.
2) The select the ‘Plan HESA Data’ tab for the correct page.
3) On this page the in section ‘Plan Subject HESA Data’ the JACS code are selected in field called “HESA Subject” from a drop down list.
The drop down list that can be selected from on screen is taken from a view that looks at Table PS_SSR_HE_CODES which contains all HESA codes but the view only retrieves Plan Subject codes (SBJCA) that are active. (This is hard coded not configurable)
These codes are accessed and maintained on the CS system against the HESA area of the system through this method:
1) JACs codes are uploaded when you run the process Import HESA Codes as per PeopleBooks.
2) To view and maintain the codes that are loaded Navigate to: Records and Enrollment > HESA Reporting > Codes and Mappings > Codes
3) Then Enter Field type as “SBJCA” which will return the list of JACS 2 codes that are selectable on the Plan HESA data page.
4) However if you enter field type as “JACS” this returns a list of JACS 3 codes that are NOT selectable from the Plan HESA data page.
We would expect to only be able to select JAC3 codes from the look up on the Plan HESA data page (Plan Subject HESA data/HESA subject. But we would also expect 'inactive' JACS2 codes to still be displayed with a description against for a prior effective-dated record.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms