Contract Total Released Amount Exceeds the Contract Max Amount Value
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Adding a Contract reference to a Purchase Order(PO) Line causes the Contract Total Released Amount to exceed the Contract Max Amount Value.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Create a new General Contract. Enter the Vendor. Enter the Max Amount = 1000.00
- Check Allow Open Item Reference.
- Save the Contract. Contract ID = 52
- Create a new Purchase Order for the same Vendor as the Contact. Add multiple lines and populate the line amounts so that the sum of the amounts do exceed the contract Max value of 1000.00.
- Click the Contracts tab and populate the Contract ID for all lines. Save the PO.
- The appropriate error is received: Total PO amount exceeds the contract maximum amount of 1000 (Contract). (10400,36).
- Click OK.
- Remove the Contract ID from Line 4 and Save the PO. PO Saves without error.
- Using the Contract Lookup for Line 4, Add back contract id = 52 and save the PO.
- The PO is saved without error.
- Review the Contract Amount Summary and notice that the Open Item Released Amount and Total Released Amount values have exceeded the Contract Max value.
- The Remaining Amount is now negative.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms