ESFO 9.1: Email To Field is Left Blank When Trying to Send a New Email to an Applicant
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Staffing Front Office - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Email Template connected to the Applicant Component (FO_APPLICANT), has a Parameter Value (Variable %1) specified to use the Email Address of the Applicant, which gets stored within Record Field PS_FO_APP_EMAIL_AD.EMAIL_ADDR.
However, when trying to contact the existing Applicant by sending him/her an email following the Public Email Template ID 0000000006, (Contact Applicant), the Email To Field (PS_FO_SENDEMAIL_WRK.EMAIL_TO) gets left blank, as the Applicant's stored Email Address is not getting defaulted as it should in the Compose Email page (FO_SND_EMAIL).
The problem seems to be caused within PeopleCode from Page FO_SND_EMAIL, where the value for the To Email Address is retrieved correctly by Application Package FO_UTILITIES.EMAIL.SendEmail.OnExecute, but is commented out in the Activate PeopleCode. Instead the Variable &foEmail_To2 is used, which doesn’t get any value.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Staffing > General > Roles And Email Templates
- Make sure that Template ID 0000000006 (Contact Applicant) is listed, and linked to Role ID 'PBM User'
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
- Open User ID VP1, and in the Roles tab, make sure that Role ID 'PBM User' is listed
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Staffing > General > Public Email Template
- Open Template ID 0000000006 (Contact Applicant)
- Make sure that the TO Field contains a value of: %1(1)
- In the E-mail Token section, make sure that the following
- Token ID = 1
- Occurs Level = 1
- Primary Record = FO_APP_EMAIL_AD
- Record Name = FO_APP_EMAIL_AD
- Field Name = EMAIL_ADDR
- Navigate to: Staffing > Resources > Applicants > Applicants
- Open existing Applicant ID 0000000007
- In the Contact Information tab (FO_APP_PERS_DATA1 Page), check that within Section 'Email Addresses' the Email Address is populated
- Click on the 'Email' icon on the same line
- In the Compose Email page (FO_SND_EMAIL), see that the EMAIL TO Field is left in blank
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The User does not have any look up functionality to populate the Email To field with existing values. As such, the Email composed needs to be cancelled, and User needs to go back to the Applicant Contact information to gather the E-mail Address stored.
Just as the Variables %2 (First Name: PS_APPL_DATA_EFFDT.FIRST_NAME), and %3 (Last Name: PS_APPL_DATA_EFFDT.LAST_NAME), get properly defaulted, the E-mail Address stored within Record Field PS_FO_APP_EMAIL_AD.EMAIL_ADDR should get also automatically populated in PS_FO_SENDEMAIL_WRK.EMAIL_TO.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms