EAP: Voucher automatically approved but Self-Approval box not checked (AWE)
(Doc ID 1538946.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Approval Framework (AWE). Approval Step Definition for Process ID = VoucherApproval does not have Self-Approval checked. If a User, who has approval authority, creates a Voucher and submits it for approval, the Voucher is automatically getting approved when it should not be.
1. Navigate to Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
2. Select Process ID = VoucherApproval
3. Under Definition Options, "User Auto Approval" box is checked
4. Path has 3 Steps
5. For Step 1, click the Details icon
6. Approval Role Name = ANALYST
7. "Self Approval" box is not checked
8. "Route to Requester" box is checked
9. For Step 2 and 3, respectively, click the Details icon
10. "Self Approval" box is not checked
12. "Route to Requester" box is not checked
13. Navigate to Payables Options > Vouchering Options 1
14. SetID = US003
15. Voucher Approval = Approval Framework
16. Navigate to User Profile > Roles page
17. User ID = VP1
18. Role Name = ANALYST
19. User Route Control Profile is setup with "Admin Area AP" and "Business Unit (All)"
20. User ID = VP1 creates a Voucher for AP Business Unit = US003
21. Total of Voucher = 1,800.00
22. Save the Voucher
23. On the Voucher > Summary page, click on the Preview Approval hyperlink
24. Approval History page has 2 levels of Approvers
25. VP1 exists in the 1st level of Approvers
26. On the Voucher > Invoice Information page, click the Submit For Approval button
27. On the Approval Comments page, click OK
28. On the Approval Summary page, 1st level of approval is Approved by Kenneth Schumacher (VP1) and the 2nd level of approval is now Pending
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document