EPC- Project Budget give error "Data Being Added Conflicts With Existing Data" when Updating Budget Line That has been Finalize
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to save the changes made to Finalize budget line in Project Budget, get the following error:
Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item already exists.
This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at the same time as you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then retry your changes.
If the problem persists, it may be because of an application or other programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
This error occurs when the keys on the record being inserted match a record that is already in the database. The application must ensure that each inserted record has unique keys.
- Created project.
- Created Budget Plan with 12 month calendar.
- Created Budget detail and placed $1,000 on one activity.
- Finalized Budget.
- Go back to activity with $1,000 and click other.
- Move $10 from existing month and place it in a different month.
- Distribute Budget.
- Attempt to save budget detail. Get the error: Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms