EAP: Vendor Name History Update (VNDR_HST_UPD) incorrectly changes Vendor Status from Inactive to Unapproved
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a User who does not have authority to approve Vendors and runs the Job VNDRUPD, which will run the Vendor Name History Update (VND_HST_UPD) process, the process will change Vendors with a Status of 'Inactive" to 'Unapproved', which is not correct. The process should leave the Status at 'Inactive' since the User does not have authority to approve Vendors.
1. Under User Preferences for VP1, on the Vendor Processing Authority page, the box for 'Authority to Approve' is not checked
2. Vendor USA0000015 is Inactive
Change Vendor Name 1
Vendor Name History is populated.
Vendor USA0000015 now has Vendor Status = Inactive
3. Vendor USA0000017 is Inactive
ADD Vendor Name History. Eff Date: 13-mar - Today is 12-mar
Vendor USA0000017 now has Vendor Status = Inactive
4. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Vendors > Set Controls-Vendor
Vendor Name History is selected and day(s) ahead of time = 1
5. Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Schedule JobSet Definitions
Schedule Name = VNDRUPD
6. On the Schedule JobSet Definitions page, click the Run Now button
The Job will kick off the Vendor Name History Update (VNDR_HST_UPD) process
7. Check the Vendor
Following message will display:
Vendor Name has been updated with name effective on 1900-01-01 (7025,402)
Vendor Short Name, Name1, or Name2 has been updated with current effective names from Vendor Name History. Please click Save to accept the Vendor Name updates.
8. On the Vendor > Identifying Information page, Vendor Status = Unapproved
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms