EAR9.1+: Accounting Entries Are Out Of Balance (6030,20) When Creating an On Account Payment, Create Accounting Entries Online and Change Account Chartfield While Accounting Entries Are Balanced.
(Doc ID 1544066.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 01-Oct-2015***
On : 9.1 version, Payment Worksheet
When attempting to create an On Account Payment, create accounting entries online and then change the account chartfield the following error occurs.
Accounting entries are out of balance (6030,20)
In order for the accounting entries to be balanced for a group, all of the accounting entries you have created must be balanced. This message reminds you that you have created some unbalanced accounting entries. You may save the entries, but you will need to take actions to ensure the accounting entries are in balance before they can be posted or delete the accounting entries and let posting create the accounting entries.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create or modify Distribution Code in Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Distribution Accounting > Distribution Code. For example Distribution Code PREPAYMENT where Account is 120007, Oper Unit is NEWYORK, Fund is F215, Dept is 25000, Program is P2005, Class is C25 and Product is HARDWR.
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Receivables > Payments > Automatic Entry Type and open System Function ID WS-05 (Place An Amount On Account). Link Distribution Code PREPAYMENT to System Function ID WS-05 and Entry Reason UNAPP.
- Create a Regular Deposit.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Payments > Apply Payments > Create Worksheet and build payment worksheet.
- Put amount On Account and make sure to use Reason UNAPP.
- Go to tab 'Worksheet Action' and Create/Review Entries.
- The following accounting entries are created:
- Debit Cash Account 100004
- Credit AR Account is 120007, Oper Unit is NEWYORK, Fund is F215, Dept is 25000, Program is P2005, Class is C25 and Product is HARDWR (chartfields are coming from Distribution Code PREPAYMENT).
- Change value for Oper Unit, Fund, Dept, Program, Class, Product and save changes. This is all working fine.
- Now change Account, save changes and error 'Accounting entries are out of balance (6030,20)' pops up while the accounting entries are balanced!
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users can no longer change the AR distribution code for On Account payments.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document