EAR9.1: Currency Conversion Wrong in Create Accounting Entries For Multi Business Units in Foreign Currency
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
STATEMENT OF ISSUE
Currency conversion is wrong in Create Accounting Entries for Multi Business Units in foreign currency.
Create Accounting Entries page should take the correct market rate for the currency conversion.
No error messages.
WHAT IS WORKING
If the original Business Unit on the transaction is entered at the first line, currency conversion works fine.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
This test based on data in demo environment:
- Receivables> Payments> Direct Journal Payments> Create accounting entries for a deposit with $100 USD amount. In the first line, enter positive amount $100 (business unit US001 account 100003).
- Add a 2nd line. Enter negative amount -$100 (business unit GBR01 in GBP account 100003). Click Save.
- Click lightning bolt. Trying to fix the error, click Delete line on seq 1, leaving only the second accounting line.
- Click lightning bolt. Page will create 4 accounting entry lines, and you should be able to go to the currency detail tab, and note that the foreign amount is the same on all of the lines (even the GBR01 Bu lines which are in GBP).
- Currency Conversion amounts are also wrong.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms