PO Batch Budget Check Process does not Validate Open Period set up for Value "Error" in Purchasing Option
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
System is throwing accounting period error when trying to perform Online change order on PO page where as the same error is not thrown when Budget check is done via Batch process PO Budget Check. Accounting Open period should be validated as per set up done in Purchasing Option for Open Period especially for Open Period Option as,"Error". Batch Budget Check process does not validate the Accounting period whereas Online Budget check Process does. It happens when a Batch change order process is run with Batch Budget check. Assuming Batch process does not throw an Open Accounting Period Error error, System should at least validate the Open Period Set up as ,"Error" at Purchasing Option and should not Budget check the PO.
1) Commitment Control is Enabled for Purchasing
2)-Allow Req change in Purchasing is Enabled.
3)-Set Up financials-BU related-Purchasing-Purchasing Option-Open Period is set as Error.
4)-GL Open Period (Set Up Financials-BU Related-GL-Open Period-Open Period Display GL Period is Open from 2001 to 2015 for Purchase order and Requisition.
1) The Open Period as defined in Set Up Financials-BU Definition-GL -Open Period is set as Open for 1/1/2001 till 1/1/2015.
2) Create a requisition in eProcurement-Budget check and Save and Submit
3) Ensure to edit this same requisition such that all dates are in previous Year (Back dated requisition). This is to ensure that back dated requisition in Previous year say 2012 is created.
4) Edit this same requisition as created above in Purchasing so that we can set up Requisition Date, accounting date as well as Budget date as 01/03/2012. (Allow req change in Purchasing is enabled as defined in set up)
5) Save and Budget check the requisition again after changing the Requisition Date, Budget Date and Accounting Date
6) Source this requisition to PO using Expedite requisition-Build Po as Approved is checked.
7) Change the PO Accounting date, PO date as well as Budget date to ensure PO is also in same date i.e.01/03/2012
8) Budget check the PO and Dispatch the PO
9) Change the Open Period for Requisition as well as Purchasing . The new open period is 1/1/2013 to 12/31/2015
10) Navigate to Manage requisition and create a change request-Increase the qty from 10 to 20
11) Approve the change request
12) Run PO change Order process-Default Buyer PO status is A.
13) A Change Order has been created against the Purchase Order. System should at least validate at change order for accounting period as per customer.
Note--This is one of the issues reported. System should validate at Change order process that accounting Period is closed and should not allow the PO to be created.
14) Continue with the test: Check the Modified PO created with change order-As we can see change order is done-The qty is increased to 20 as per change order.
15)-Batch Budget check the PO - the system Budget checks the PO and does not validate the accounting period open rule.
16) Check the PO-It is in Approved status-Dispatch the PO
Note--This is main issue reported by the customer. Batch process does not validate Accounting Period status.
17) Create another change request again in Manage requisition
18)-Approve the Change Request
19) Run the PO change Order process
20) Verify the PO created with change order i.e.changed qty 30
21) Budget check the PO from Online Page
22) Here System throws a Valid Error Message,"The Accounting Date 2012-01-03 is not open. The Open period for US005 is from 2013-01-01 to 2015-12-31 (10200,373)"
23) On click of PO Save, the same error message appears.
**1)Core issue-Batch Budget check process does not validate the Accounting Open period rule
2)PO change order process does not validate the Open Accounting Period rule and allows to create a new PO.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms