E-SQR: SQR Printing Fails in 8.53 With PSPAL or Failed To Print
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document has been merged with E-SQR: Cannot print sqr in PeopleTools 8.53 [ID 1548735.1].
On PeopleTools 8.53, when submitting SQR reports to the Printer, the SQR report completes successfully, but the output is not printed. The print job fails and the process runstatus changes to "Error".
When printing from a Unix printer, this error appears in the log file:
"35979660: 1366210570: PSPAL::Abort: Unexpected signal received
35979660: 1366210570: PSPAL::Abort: Location: /vob/peopletools/src/pspal/exception_sigaction.cpp:494: PSPAL::SigactionSignalHandler::RecoverableSignalHandler(int, siginfo_t *, void *)
35979660: 1366210570: PSPAL::Abort: Generating process state report to./process_state.txt
35979660: 1366210570: PSPAL::Abort: Terminating process now."
When printing from a Windows printer, this error appears in the log file:
"The system cannot find the file specified.
Error! Failed To Print
Print Command Issued: copy "??" "\\server\printer"
1) Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > System Process Requests.
2) Create a new run control.
3) Select the sample XRFWIN.SQR program and choose output type as "Printer".
4) Enter Printer destination for a valid print queue.
5) Select desired Process Scheduler to launch report.
6) Submit Report by clicking on ok to submit.
7) Observe error in ".log" file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms