Pay Calculation Error: During Benefit Rate Processing, The System Needed To Access The Demographics For An Employee's Spouse Or Domestic Partner. Message 000145 For A Refund
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An employee had a divorce and their spouse was setup an Ex-Spouse in the system. While processing refund of spousal life for employee, Paycalc process does not run successfully and shows error message 000145 below:
"During benefit rate processing, the system needed to access the demographics for an employee's spouse or domestic partner. The system could not find a dependent with this target relationship, or the individual specified did not meet this relationship criteria. Depending on the calculation being performed, the system may fall back and use the employee's own demographics instead, or the process may fail for this employee. (MsgData1: Dependent ID, if specified)"
1) Set Source of Demographics as Spouse/Partner in Calc Rule: Setup HRMS> Product Related> Base Benefits> Rates and Rules> Calculation Rules table
2) Set Insured Person Types as Dependents in Calc Rule: Setup HRMS> Product Related> Base Benefits> Plan Attributes> Life and AD/D Plan table
3) Setup Spousal Life in benefit program setup: Setup HRMS> Product Related> Base Benefits> Program Structure> Benefit program table
4) Ensure that spouse is setup in benefit enrollment table: Benefits> Enroll in Benefits> Life and AD/D benefits
5) Enter a row to indicate Ex-Spouse setup on Benefits> Employee/Dependent Information> Update Dependent/Beneficiary
6) Enter a one time deduction for Spousal Life Refund via Payroll for North America> Payroll processing USA> Update Paysheets> By Payline
7) Calculate Payroll and run Paycalc process via Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing > Produce Payroll > Calculate Pay.
8) Go to: Payroll for North America> Payroll Processing USA> Review Processing Messages> Review Payroll error messages and payroll error message 000145 is seen
This error could occur with Plan type ID 25 Dependent Life or Plan type ID 28 Spousal Life.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms