EAP: Payment Posting creating RSA entry for Withholding Voucher when Transaction currency different than the Base currency
(Doc ID 1551625.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Withholding Entity is setup with Apply Withholding = Withhold at Payment and Round Option = Natural Round. Business Unit is setup with Currency Balancing Option = Balance by Base Currency Only.
A Withholding Voucher is created with the Transaction currency different than the Base currency. Voucher is paid and creates a Withholding Payment Schedule. Withholding Payment Schedule is paid. When Payment Posting is run, a RSA entry is created erroneously. As a result, once the Payment is Journal Generated over to GL, the Journal is in error with the message - Journal is not balanced on journal totals or balancing ChartField totals.
1. Withholding Entity for ATO = AUS is setup with Apply Withholding = Withhold at Payment and Round Option = Natural Round
2. Installations Options for Payables is setup with Posting Method = Summary Control
3. General Ledger Definition > Currency Options is setup with Currency Balancing Option = Balance by Base Currency Only
4. Create a Voucher for Withholding Vendor = AUS0000080 for Business Unit = AUS01, Currency = USD
5. Pay the Voucher
6. Pay the Withholding Payment Schedule created
7. Run Payment Posting
8. Check Voucher Accounting Entries
9. Notice that a RSA entry is created when it should not be created
10. Run Journal Generator
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document