Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer has reported that when an employee has a new Job Code that is linked to a different Sslary Plan, with the same Grade and Step Value, as their previous Job Roe, the Grade Entry Date and the Step Date remains the same, and does not update to the new row's effective date
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Create two new Job Codes, each with a DIFFERENT Salary Plan BUT the same Grade and Step (Setup HRMS > Foundation Tables > Job Attributes > Job Code Table)
2. Ensure that there is NO SALARY PLAN assigned to the Location Id being used in Job Data
3. Assign the first Job Code to either a new employee or an existing Employee (Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data and save.) Note the Grade Entry Date and Step Entry date on the Salary Plan page
4. Insert a new Effective Dated row on the Work Location Page
5. Go to the Job Information Page and select the Second Job Code.
6. Go to the Salary Plan page and note that the new Salary Plan has defaulted
7. However, the Grade and Step Entry dates have remained the same as the previously entered row.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms