ETL91 TLX01770 Exception Generated For Non-restricted Users Reporting Time For Prior Peri
(Doc ID 1559577.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 29, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HRMS 9.1 Bundle 10
In the past Time Admin only generated the TLX01770 exception when time for a prior Pay Period was entered outside of the “Grace Days Allowed” on the users Row Security Permission list. Now Time Admin is generating this exception for the restricted AND the non-restricted users.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a (Non-Restricted) TL Permission List with Allow Prior Period Entry selected and nothing specified for Grace Days Allowed. Also select Allow Future Time Entry and nothing specified for Future Days Grace Allowed.
2. Create a (Restricted) TL Permission List with Allow Prior Period Entry selected and 17 specified for Grace Days Allowed. Also select Allow Future Time Entry and nothing specified for Future Days Grace Allowed.
3. Make sure TLX01770 exception (Reported Time in Prior Period) is active in the Validation Set.
4. Select a User with Manager access and make sure they are assigned to the Restricted Permission List created above in their User Profile.
5. Login as Manager report hours via Rapid Time in a prior period for an employee pass the 17 grace days allowed (i.e. 3/12/13) then submit the Rapid Time session.
6. View Timesheet for the employee and note exception TLX01770 is generated as expected.
7. Change User with Manager access to assign to the Non-Restricted Permission List created above in their User Profile.
8. Login as Manager report hours in a Prior Period on the online timesheet (i.e. 3/14/13) then submit.
9. Also report hours via Rapid Time in a prior period for an employee pass the 17 grace days allowed (i.e. 3/15/13) then submit the Rapid Time session.
10. Note timesheet page does not show an exception on 3/14 and 3/15 at this point.
11. Run Time Admin
12. Check Exceptions for the employee and note TLX01770 is generated on 3/14 and 3/15 even though the Manager was assigned to Non-Restricted Permission List.
Unexpected behavior causes confusion for users and delays in processing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document