Error When Transfering an Employee to a Different Tax Location with a New Effective Sequence: "Data Being Added Conflicts with Existing Data. (18,2)"
(Doc ID 1560459.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The error "Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)" appears when users try to add an effective sequence (EFFSEQ) 1 and change Tax location at the same time.
1. In Demo, use employee KUC001 and view current job data
2. Then, open up the position 19000034
3. Insert new effdt’d position data row for 1/1/1985. Change the location to KUCA00.
4. Change the update incumbent flag to not update the incumbent. Press Save.
5. Press OK on the warning box.
6. Go back to Job data for KUC001. Insert new row for 1/1/1985. Set effseq = 1. Change Action to Transfer.
7. Press the Override Position Data button.
8. Press Use Position Data button.
9. Go to the Payroll tab, change location To KUCA00
10. Press save. Ignore the next two warnings if you get them.
11. Get following error:
"Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item already exists. This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at the same time as you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then retry your changes."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document