Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PAY GROUP - Employee Type Defaults into Job Data causing an error:
"Employee Type N is not valid for Pay Group KU1 (1000, 464)"
The Pay Group record allows a default value of Employee Type = N (Not Applicable), and then when a person is hired the Employee Type defaults from the Definition page of the Pay Group table; however when trying to save the new hire, an error is generated saying that N is not a valid Employee Type.
Steps to Replicate
1. Sign in as PS/PS. Navigate to Set Up HRMS > Products Related > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing Controls > Pay Group at the search select Company GBI and Pay Group KU1
2. In correction mode on the Definition Page, change the employee type default to Not Applicable
3. On the Payrolls Control Page set the Employee Type to Exception Hourly and then save.
4. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person, complete all the necessary information, the click to add which takes the user to Job Data
5. Complete all the information on the Work Location page, on the Payroll page note the Employee Type is defaulted to N (Not Appl). Enter the Tax Location and then check the data on the rest of the pages; add a compensation amount, click on calculate compensation button and then click on OK. This error message occurs: "Employee Type N is not valid for Pay Group KU1 (1000, 464). The Pay Group Definition Table contains the allowed Employee types for this pay group".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms