Contracts to Billing Process CA_BI_INTFC Is Not Generating UTL Row For Utilizing Prepaid - Reason Code 5
(Doc ID 1565461.1)
Last updated on JULY 28, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The as-incurred billing process CA_BI_INTFC only generates the BIL and not the UTL (utilization) rows into the Billing interface table INTFC_BI. It gives reason code 5 if a BIL from a project was sent to billing already prior to the billing of the contract prepaid itself.
Contract BU has no Ship From defaults
Billing BU has Location code populated and Ship to Location is selected for Where Service Performed field under Business Unit 4 tab
1. Add a contract with a rate type contract line and assign the project/activity to the contract line.
2. Assign a revenue plan and bill plan to the contract line.
3. Add ACT cost transactions to the project/activity that will generate billable BIL rows.
4. Run As-Incurred Billing (CA_BI_INTFC) in Contracts to send the BIL rows to Billing and then continue through the Billing cycle to completion finishing with PC_BI_TO_PC.
5. Amend the contract and change the SHIP TO CUST to one located in a different country from the original.
6. Create a prepaid for the contract and generate the bill plan for the prepaid.
7. Process the bill plan for prepaid until the bill plan status becomes completed.
8. Amend the contract and change the Ship to customer back to the first one assigned.
9. Add ACT cost transactions to the project/activity that will generate billable BIL rows.
10. Run As-Incurred Billing (CA_BI_INTFC) in Contracts to send the BIL rows to Billing --> it will not generate the UTL row and give Reason Code of 5
The above scenario works prior to applying the code that fixed Bug 11925178 - CA_BI_INTFC ABENDS AT CA_PPD_UTL.750.INSUVAT - ORA-00001: UNIQUE CONSTRAINT
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document