Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time Administration is not populating the punch matching temporary table with all of the punches entered for the period of interest. They are using Split by Day Breaker option on the workgroup, and in some cases when there are missing out punches, and or two in punches in a row they don't get an exception when they expect to.
The loss of functionality:
Cannot get exceptions generated informing the users that there are missing punches
The sequence of events:
employee enters punch time and elapsed time that should cause an exception to be generated.
Happening in Production
Employees are being underpaid and it isn't caught until the employee brings it to their attention.
They need to know why the sql is excluding some punches and not others or have development explain to them what they can to do to avoid the issue if this is working as designed.
Recently applied bundle #21
1. Workgroup defined as Split by Day Breaker at midnight with Range Start date designated
2. Create two exception rules using template 240 to generate exceptions when there are missing out punches or in punches. Example: Out followed by Out, and In followed by In rules
3. Add rules to rule program used by workgroup
4. Report punch time for split shifts using rapid time to mimic TCD interface, do not enter an out punch on some of the days proccessing an elapsed day
6. Also report elapsed time in between punch days
7. Run Time Admin and expect exceptions to be created but they are not
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms