Purchase Order (PO) Status "Pending Approval" Instead of Open Before the PO is Saved
(Doc ID 1566978.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The distribution of a purchase order (PO) line schedule is intentionally created so that the balance is higher than the total of the schedule. The application correctly gives an error message for this. However, if the user clicks this error message away and proceeds to click the "submit for approval" icon the application informs the user that the purchase order is not yet saved, and asks if the user would like to "Save the Purchase Order". After clicking "Ok" to save the PO, the application gives the first error that the total of the distribution is not equal to the schedule total, but the status of the PO is changed from "Open" to "Pending Approval" while the PO is not saved and no PO number is assigned. This is incorrect and confusing for the user that is expecting to have the PO Status revert to Open before saving the PO, because the user may not wish to submit again the PO if there are errors and NOT "Pend Appr” - pending approval.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Define Purchase BU US003 Setup - workflow on
Navigation Enterprise Components> Approvals> Approvals> Approval Process Setup
2. Make sure the buyer’s setting "Default PO Status" is set to "Open".
Navigation Set Up Financials/Supply Chain> Product Related> Procurement Options> Purchasing> Buyer Setup
3. Create express PO - Use business unit US003
Navigation Purchasing> Purchase Orders> Add/Update Express POs
Create a purchase order for vendor USA0000050, buyer VP1 and create 1 line for $10,000. Don’t save the PO!
4. Add an extra distribution line and populate the percentage field.
When you tab out of the percentage field, the following message appears:
5. From this point, press the green tick icon to submit the PO to Pending Approval.
Click OK and now scroll up the page and tick the approve button to submit the order into the workflow.
6. The system asks you to save the PO
Press Yes to message: "Do you wish to save the current document? (10250,336) "
7. A new message appears: Quantity or Amount is required. (10200,207)
Still the order is not saved, PO ID is NEXT, but the PO Status has been changed to Pending Approval.
8. If you save from this position, the Express PO is saved, but the PO Status = "Pend Appr" and the PO ID is assigned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document