Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Variable Compensation Plan is set to Approved and the process to publish to NA Payroll is automatically run, the message to publish this approval to PSHUP_TXN does not get fired if the Variable Compensation Plan
The Variable Compensation integration, Integrating with Manage Variable Compensation that goes over the processes that are initiated to load the transaction into Payroll.
The reason why we don't have a lot of customers with this issue is because there is a different AE program called when you are processing VC awards by group. THis customer was not processing the Variable Compensation by Group. Most customers with large employee populations process by group. Anyway, the AE program (VC_APP_WRD_G) also has a section called APPROVE and in Step06 there is PeopleCode that retrieves and properly sets &INSTALLED_PAY_NA variable for the logic to publish messages to Payroll. So there is no issue with processing a group.
According to PeopleBooks
When all individual awards for the period under the plan or group have the Approved or Canceled Award Status, the system changes the Group Status to Ready to Submit.
When the Group Status is Ready to Submit, the system automatically submits awards for payout or distribution and changes the status to Submitted
However this does not happen in the case of Individual Awards for the period because the message to publish is not there for this example. It only works if the VC Plan is by Group
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Create a new Variable Compensation Plan (Set Up HRMS>Product Related>Compensation>Variable Compensation>Define Variable Comp Plan (I used a copy of the HXBONUS plan)
2. Add Eligible Employees to the Plan (Main Menu>Compensation>Variable Compensation>Identify Eligible Recipients>Eligible Employees by Plan
3. Run the Determine Allocation Process (Compensation>Variable Compensation>
Calculate Awards>Determine Allocation
4. Add Allocation of Awards for these two employee (Compensation>Variable Compensation>Finalize Awards>Allocate Awards by Plan
5. Save then mark the Award Status Ready to Submit
6. The Plan indicates that it has Been Submitted and Sent to Payroll
7. But it never gets published to PSHUP_TXN because the VC_APP_WRD_P.APPROVE Step05 because the PeopleCode Event for &INSTALLED_PAY_NA, has a Variable on Line 68. and when you attempt to find it again, it will produce the message Finished Searching for &INSTALLED_PAY_NA without producing further hits
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms