ETL91 Time Admin Deleting Exceptions Created In Batch Processes When Validation Set For TA Is Uncheck
(Doc ID 1572690.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Validation Set page has “Time Admin” box unchecked for the exception TLX01770, the time Admin process would not pick these exception entries for processing. However, it appears Time admin is deleting all exceptions in this scenario even those exceptions created in the batch processes (i.e. Rapid Time) that add to reported time are deleted by Time Admin.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a (Non-Restricted) TL Permission List with Allow Prior Period Entry selected and nothing specified for Grace Days Allowed. Also select Allow Future Time Entry and nothing specified for Future Days Grace Allowed.
2. Create a (Restricted) TL Permission List with Allow Prior Period Entry selected and 17 specified for Grace Days Allowed. Also select Allow Future Time Entry and nothing specified for Future Days Grace Allowed.
3. Make sure TLX01770 exception (Reported Time in Prior Period) is active in the Validation Set. Also make sure Submit Time is selected and Time Admin is unchecked.
4. Select a User with Manager access and make sure they are assigned to the Restricted Permission List created above in their User Profile.
5. Login as Manager report hours via Rapid Time in a prior period for an employee pass the 17 grace days allowed (i.e. 3/12/13) then submit the Rapid Time session.
6. View Timesheet for the employee and note exception TLX01770 is generated as expected.
7. Change User with Manager access to assign to the Non-Restricted Permission List created above in their User Profile.
8. Login as Manager report hours via Rapid Time in a prior period for an employee pass the 17 grace days allowed (i.e. 3/15/13) then submit the Rapid Time session.
9. Note timesheet page does not show an exception on 3/15.
10. Run Time Admin
11. Check Exceptions for the employee and note no exceptions are shown. Even the exception from 3/14 from the batch process (Rapid Time) has been deleted.
Unexpected behavior causes confusion for users and delays in processing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!