EAM: Unable to Save Step Lease when hit Calculate due to MRP (8015,9) error
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In release 9.1 bundle #22, test, after creating a step lease with a Fair Value and hitting Calculate, the following message occurs:
"You can enter the MRP or the Cost (not both) to perform the calculations. (8015,9)
Enter either the Minimum Rental Payment (MRP) on the Terms page or the lease Cost on the Cost Info/Comments page. You cannot enter both items. If MRP has been entered the Cost should be zero. If the Cost has been entered the MRP should be zero."
Because of this, we are unable to add step leases without first calculating our own cost.
However, in release 8.9, we didn't have to do this -- you could hit calculate, get the values calculated and save with no error.
Steps to replicate:
1. Go to AM, Asset Transactions, Leased Assets, Express Add.
2. Keep today's dates, any leased profile, any Vendor. Term 48 periods, interest rate .5, General payment schedule. Fair value 2000. Check BPO and Step Lease boxes.
3. Go to the Step lease tab and enter 2 rows:
a. row 1 term 3, monthly 0 payment
b. row 2 term 45, monthly 45 payment.
4. Go back to the Cost tab to verify the cost is 0:
5. Hit Calculate and receive message.
Expected values for these fields to get calculated:
Minimum Lease Payments (MLP)
Present Value Lease Payments
Capitalized Lease Amount
No calculations created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms