Calculate Deposit Fees Process Issues
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for Relevance on 09-AUG-2016 ***
On CS 9, the Admission Application Deposit Fee is not calculating correctly. There are 3 problem scenarios.
1. There is ONE application number for TWO Programs (LAU and FAU) and the admit term is the same for both. The Deposit Fee calculation option is FIRST-PROGRAM-IN and calculated incorrectly as $800. It is expected that only $400 would be calculated for program LAU.
There are two offers of Admission to 2 different Programs. APPL_PROG_NBR = 0 does not require a deposit and APPL_PROG_NBR = 1 does require a deposit. In this case no Deposit Fee is calculated. It is expected that a deposit of $400 would be calculated for the second program. Again the option used is "FIRST-PROGRAM-IN"
There are two offers of Admission to 2 different Programs. APPL_PROG_NBR = 0 does require a deposit and APPL_PROG_NBR = 1 does not requirie a deposit. In this case no Deposit Fee is calculated. It is expected that a deposit of $400 would be calculated for the first program (LAU) because it requires a deposit. Again the option used is "FIRST-PROGRAM-IN"
When there is only one Application with one Application Program there are no problems calculating the Deposit.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup an Admission Application Deposit Fee to charge a Fee upon Admittance. Additional setup to have a Deposit Fee required for only one of two Programs.
- Create an application and admit the student to two different Programs.
- Calculate the Deposit Fee
- Review the student account, Deposit Fees are calculated incorrectly
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms