EGL9.1: Journal Unpost: Can Not Open Unposted Journal From Journal Entry Page Because PS_JRNL_LN.UNPOST_SEQ = 2 When It Should Be 1.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performing a Journal Unpost is causing the UNPOST_SEQ on the JRNL_LN table to increment twice (from 0 to 2), likewise, causing it to be out of sequence with the UNPOST_SEQ on the JRNL_HEADER table (changed from 0 to 1).
The MONETARY_AMOUNT in PS_JRNL_LN for the unposted journal is the same as the original journal, thus suggesting double entry.
Steps/Sequence of Events:
1. Reset the non-shared temp tables (General Ledger > Monitor Background Process > Non-Shared Table Maintenance)
2. Create a journal and edit it. (General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries)
3. From Mark Journals for Posting page, post the same journal (General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Posting)
4. Query and validate entries in PS_JRNL_HEADER and PS_JRNL_LN tables, particularly the UNPOST_SEQ field, and amounts.
5. From Mark Journals for Unposting page, unpost the same journal (General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Mark Journals for Unposting
4. Query and validate entries in PS_JRNL_HEADER and PS_JRNL_LN tables, particularly the UNPOST_SEQ field, and MONETARY_AMOUNT in PS_JRNL_LN table.
UNPOST_SEQ both in PS_JRNL_HDEADER and PS_JRNL_LN tables after unposting the Journal should be ='1'
The MONETARY_AMOUNT in PS_JRNL_LN for the unposted journal should show as reversal of the original journal
This is observed after applying FMS FINANCIALS 9.1 BUNDLE #25,
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms