When Template-Based Hire (TBH) Updates the Database, the Earliest Change Date (ECD) in Time and Labor (T&L) System Is Incorrect
(Doc ID 1575896.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In HRMS version 9.1, with Bundle 10 applied, when you use Template-Based Hire (TBH) with a section "TIME_REP_STATUS", the Earliest Change Date (TL_TR_STATUS.EARLIEST_CHGDT) populates with the system date. It should populate with the Effective Date entered in the Time Reporter Status section of the template (TL_EMPL_DATA.EFFDT). It does this ONLY when the Template is configured for "Automatic Database Updates" to be checked. If intervention by Human Resources is needed to complete the hire (either due to error or by configuration), the ECD populates correctly.
1. Create Template having Time Reporter Status Section with fields:
(This can be done by cloning an existing template and adding this section to it.)
See that the Automatic Database Updates box is checked.
2. Use the template to hire an employee, completing all required sections, with effective date current date.
3. In the Time Reporter Status section of the template, enter effective date in the future.
4. Save and submit the template; get confirmation of successful save. It should give the employee number.
5. Query the Table "TL_TR_STATUS" for EARLIEST_CHGDT for the new employee and note that the date is the system date, and it should be the effective date shown on the Time Reporter Status section of the template.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document