EGL: InterUnit Lines Not Created For Anchor BU For Translation Ledger When Making A Base Currency Adjustment
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Application release 9.1
When editing an InterUnit(IU) journal that only has amounts on the monetary amount field of the translation ledger, only one of the InterUnit Account lines is added. The IU line for the anchor/main header BU is not added. In addition the amount that was in the original journal line for the anchor BU is changed to zero.
The journal passes edits and is valid, however the journal data is incorrect.
1. Have business units with same base currency and ledger group assigned.
2. Have multi-book ledger group with primary inherit base and 2 secondary ledgers set as translation ledgers.
3. Enter an interunit entry that is doing a base currency adjustment on one of the secondary translation ledgers.
4. Leave all foreign amounts on primary and secondary as 0. Leave other secondary base amounts as zero.
5. Enter anchor bu on line one for 10 base amount for USD ledger but leave GRP ledger with 0 in base and foreign.
6. Enter a different business unit on line 2 with base of 10 on USD ledger but leave GRP ledger with 0 in base and foreign.
7. Process through batch or on line edit the IU processor does not generate an anchor bu balancing line PLUS the anchor bu base amount gets removed because it thinks a currency rounding adjustment is needed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms