EAP: Payment Posting generates incorrect SERV and SST entries
(Doc ID 1577781.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment Posting generates incorrect accounting entries for SST/SERV lines when Chartfield Inheritance for 'Payables Header Level Entries' is set as 'Inherit within Unit'.
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options - Payables and ensure that Posting Method = Detail Offset Method
2. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Excise and Sales Tax/VAT IND > Tax Location. Set only Account value for SERV and SST rows.
3. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > ChartField Inheritance > ChartField Inheritance and set 'Inherit within Unit' for Operating Unit in 'Payables Header Level Entries'
4. Create a Voucher with Service Tax and specify Operating Unit in the Distribution line
5. Post the Voucher
6. Pay the Voucher
7. Post the Payment and review the Accounting Entries
8. SST and SERV lines generated by Payment Posting are NOT inheriting the Operating Unit from the other entry on the transaction (APA). Instead, they are blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document