EAM: Cost Of An Asset Should Not Be Reevaluated In Foreign Currency In The Following Case:
Last updated on APRIL 25, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an asset in a foreign currency is paid with a different exchange rate than the acquisition exchange rate, the automatic adjustment is calculated for both base amount and foreign amount. This is incorrect: adjustment should be calculated only for base amount. As a consequence: the cost of the asset is incorrect as it is reevaluated in the foreign currency.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) The customer created a PO/Receipt for a financial asset in the USD currency for books defined as EUR on the BU. The rate effective date was 02/01/2013. The PO/Receipt was interfaced into AM.
2) The customer created a voucher copying the PO/Receipt. The rate effective date was 04/01/2013. The voucher was interfaced into AM.
3) The system created a PPO/FAD row to generate the financial asset.
4) The system created a PAP/ADJ row for the exchange rate difference from USD to EUR per the different rate effective dates of the 2 transactions. The adjustment amount for EUR was saved in the cost field of the ps_intfc_fin and ps_cost tables. This was correct.
5) For the same interface row, the system took the ADJ amount of -35.47 (-35 rounded) saved in the Cost field from point 3 and performed an additional exchange from EUR to USD saving this new amount of -27.59 (-28 rounded) in the TXN_Cost field the ps_intfc_fin and ps_cost tables. This was incorrect.
The exchange rate calculation from EUR to USD for the ADJ amount (35.47 to 27.59) should not have taken place. This amount of 27.59 (28 rounded) is showing up in the TXN_Amount field on the ps_dist_ln table which is then interfaced to GL.
Additionally, a new issue was found that was not presented by the customer. For 6 books defined to the BU and asset profile, only 4 books were loaded into AM when the FAD and ADJ rows described above were loaded. This made it impossible to generate the accounting entries to complete the customer's test. All of this is included in the replications steps and supporting data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms