Purchase Order Comments are Overwritten when Adding new Comments or Copy Comments
Last updated on JULY 14, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Purchase orders, Standard Comments overwrite the PO Header Comments on click of cancel button.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Add/Update PO –Take any Item and Approve the PO.
2. Click on PO header Comments-Add the Comments-Click OK.
3. Save the PO-Dispatch the PO.
4. Navigate to Add/Update PO-Look for Existing PO i.e. Same PO for which Comment was entered.
5. Click on ‘Edit Comments’ hyperlink.
6. Click on ‘Use Standard Comments’ hyperlink.
7. Select Action as ,”Create New Comment”, Comment Type and Comment ID as shown below.
8. Create a new comments, pick the comment type and comment id. The rest of the information will default in. Click on OK.
9. If you click ‘Cancel’, the new comments overwrite the original comments.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms