Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Staffing Front Office - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM Staffing Front Office module delivers a feature that allows Users to sent e-mails to existing Resource Applicants in the system directly from their Applicant Profile pages. A problem has been detected though when on those E-Mails an Attachments file is loaded. While the E-mail can appear to have been successfully sent to the Applicant, the notification never gets received. Some Error Message gets registered at the SMTP Server Log, stating that the attached file could not be found.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > URLs
- Open existing URL Identifier ATTACHMENTS
- Make sure to enter a proper Description, and the correct folder path for the FTP Server on the URL field
- Click on the 'URL Properties' link, and configure a Password and a User values
- Save the changes
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > File Attachments > Administer File Attachments
- Make sure there is a listed row Type URL for Server/Record Name ATTACHMENTS
- Navigate to: Staffing > Resources > Applicants > Applicants
- Open existing Applicant ID 0000000007
- In the Contact Information tab, in the Email Addresses section make sure a value is defined and flagged as preferred
- Click on the Email Applicant icon
- Define the Email Address of the Applicant in the TO Field
- Make sure there is something as Subject and Message Text
- Click on the 'Add Attachment' button, and load a file as an attachment for this e-mail
- At this stage, the Attachment file is loaded and stored into the FTP Server for ATTACHMENTS URL
- Click on the 'Send Email' button
- While it seems as if the Email has been successfully sent, the received never gets it
- At the Application Server Log level, there is an Error Message
" java.io.FileNotFoundException: URL.ATTACHMENTS\Username.Usersurname2013-02-18-01.13.02.719Test_attachment.txt (The system cannot find the path specified) "
E-mails sent from the Staffing Applicant Profile level, containing an attachment, never reach the destination.
E-mails being sent, with or without an attached file, should always reach their destination.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms