"No Matching Buffer" Error when JOB_IND Row Created in Past
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receive "No Matching Buffer" error when JOB_IND row created in past. Issue occurs when a JOB_IND row is created in the past (prior to current EFFDT row).
No matching buffer found for level. (15,26)
When retrieving data for a page, a data value was retrieved for which there was no matching data value at a higher level scroll entry. (For example, at scroll level 2, a value of ABC was read in and scroll level 1 contained this higher level field but did not have a row with a key value of ABC.) This usually occurs because of an error in a database record or view; or because of improper deletion of values in a database. Correct the page definition or contact your system administrator.
To replicate in DEMO
1. Navigate to Workforce Administration> Job Information> Job Data
2. Open up an Employee (ex. KU0052)
3. Create a new Row with an EFFDT = tomorrow. Make it an action of Data Change, change something (Location is a good one, change to KUAZ00).
5. Come back in. Insert a new row < today's date. Make it an action of Data Change. Change the Regulatory Region to IND, go to the Job Labor tab, change the India data at the bottom (give it a note, change it to active).
7. Switch to Correction Mode and go to the row you created with an EFFDT of tomorrow and in correction mode. Change it to today.
9. Return to Search. IMPORTANT: Make sure that none of the check boxes are checked (so make sure Include History and Correction Mode are unchecked) and search for your EMPLID (ex. KU0052).
10. What was interesting to note was if you come in as Correction or Include history you do not get this error. Or if the future row remains in the future, but the moment it slides into the present or past it become an error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms