Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Asset Management - when an asset is added with accumulated depreciation, creating an ADD depreciation line, and is then suspended, a later resume transaction generates a PDP (Prior Period Depreciation) line that reverses the ADD line. Accumulated depreciation should not be reversed.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Express Add - add a depreciable asset with accumulated depreciation, using transaction and accounting dates in the past (for example, 01/01/2012). Do not run the Depreciation Calculation process.
2) Book page - change the asset's books to non-depreciable using the transaction and accounting dates that we entered when the asset was created.
3) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the pending addition (ADD) and suspend (SUS) transactions.
4) Book page - change the asset's books to depreciable using the current date as the transaction and accounting dates.
5) Run the Depreciation Calculation process for the pending resume (RES) transaction.
6) Review the asset's depreciation in the Review Depreciation Info pages. There is an ADD line for the accumulated depreciation amount, and a PDP line that reverses the accumulated depreciation amount.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms