Bug In Context Definition Component - Data Is Orphaned/lost
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding a new File Parser Context Definition, if you "Save as you go" meaning save after adding a record or 2 and then without going out of the page, just continue to add additional records, the additional records are not actually saved to the context.
Expect to be able to save as you go so that you do not lose the data you have entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go into Set Up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > File Parser > Context Definition.
2. Add a New Value.
3. Enter the data on the first page - choose an existing Conversion Definition and use SCC_STG_CONSTIT as the Record. Sort Order 5. You don't need to change anything else.
4. Click Save.
5. Click | to add another Staging Table Record.
6. Enter Record SCC_SL_TRNMAP (or any other record), sort order 5.
7. Click Save.
8. Return to Search.
9. Go back into your Context Definition and find that only the first record (SCC_STG_CONSTIT) appears. The second one is AWOL.
10. Run the following SQL and you will find the missing record:
select * from ps_SCCFP_CNTXT_REC
WHERE SCCFP_CNTXT_ID = '999999999999999';
The issue has the following business impact:
It appears that if you save in this component and then add more records without going out and back in, the added records don't get added to the original but instead get orphaned with the context id '999999999999999'. This is a very tedious process and it is nice to "save as you go" when adding the data, which is what I was doing to try to avoid losing anything!
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms