EAP: Accounting Entry not created for Withholding done for Manual Payment
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ACCOUNTING ENTRIES ARE NOT CREATED FOR WITHHOLDING. The PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD.WTHD_AMT is zero.
Withholding Entity is setup with Apply Withholding = Withhold at Payment and the Calendar SetID and Calendar ID are populated. Withholding Voucher is created, paid and payment is cancelled. Voucher is paid again manually. However, when is is paid manually, the WTHD_AMT = 0 PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD is incorrect, which results in no Withholding entry for the Manual Payment created on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE.
1. Withholding Entity is setup with Apply Withholding = Withhold at Payment ,and the Calendar SetID and Calendar ID are populated
2. Withholding Vendor setup to physically withhold money
3. Create Withholding Voucher for Amount = 13684.21 where Voucher Line is associated to 2 different Withholding Classes
4. Pay the Voucher through the Pay Cycle
5.Voucher is OK
Gross amount of Voucher = 13,684.21
Regular payment = 12,842.63
Withholding = 205.26
Withholding = 636.32
Check the data from PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD table -- It is OK
6. Cancel the Payment
7.Run Payment Posting
Regular payment has been cancelled, and it has created the cancelled payment count in PYMNT_VCHR_XREF
8. On the Voucher > Payments page, delete both of the Withholding Schedules, which were generated for the original Payment through the Pay Cycle
9. On the Voucher > Payments page, update the Gross Amount on the Regular Payment from 12,842.63 to 13,684.21
10. Pay the Voucher manually
Once the manual payment is done, the system will again generate one regular payment and two withholding payment rows (OK)
11. Check the withholding amount in PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD table
The WTHD_AMT is zero. As a result, when Payment Posting is run, process will not creating accounting entry for Withholding for Manual Payment once payment is done.
12. Run Payment Posting for Manual payment
13. Accounting entries are generated for Manual Payment but the Accounting entry for Withholding for Manual Payment is NOT generated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms